Friday, April 17, 2009

Things I loved from Easter

Easter was sooo last week I know but here are a few highlights.

Easter was a 3 day event this year. (4 if you count raiding the Michael's clearance section today)

We started on Friday with an Easter Egg Hunt at Aunt Carolyn's work. It was super fun. They even had a HUGE live bunny named Thumper, tons of toy filled eggs, punch and super cute sugar cookies. Lex and Hudson had a blast!

Then on Saturday we went to G&G Rosie's for the next Easter Egg Hunt. They have 7 acres of hiding fun. Since there are different ages of cousins the eggs were divided by colors, to make it age appropriate. Lex's color was yellow. This worked out so well. There was no fighting or competition to find eggs. The older boys had fun as well since their eggs were tough to find and filled with $$$. The little kids got money as well - I'm pretty sure that was Lex's favorite part. More on that later.

After the great hunt Lex was opening all his eggs to see what he got and said a few times "This is the best day of my life". Good to know all the kid needs is some plastic eggs filled with loot.
Lex got to drive Uncle Mike super cool Robot he built for school. Its controlled by a wii remote. Yes Carl's fam is full of smart a.... ummm smart people. hehe
Lex got to play all day with his cousins. I got to go shopping for new earring for Miss Olivia who can wear dangley earrings now. She was super excited. Have you been in Claire's lately? That store is tiny and has thousands of pairs of earrings, along with a thousand people looking for earrings. I haven't been in there for oh i don't know 15 years and I swear they have the same stuff! Perhaps I'm just getting old and the trends are coming around again. I tried to get Eva to buy some lovely things that used to be super cool. Like Giant neon hair clips - they were totally rad! Anyway is was fun to go girl shopping. And Olivia is such a fun girly girl!
(Yes I do believe that Lex is picking his nose)

When we got home Paul and Christi made some yummy coney dogs. Then we dyed Easter Eggs.

Sunday we went to church and when we left I asked the usual "what did you talk about in class" question to Lex. I loved his explanation!

"we talked about Jesus being on that post. First he was on those mean guys team and then they didn't want him on his team so they put him on that post and they weren't very nice to him. And then he wasnt on that team anymore."

After church we went to G&G Rosie's and the Easter bunny came while we were there and dropped of some Easter baskets. We stayed just long enough for lex to open all his stuff and eat a couple of Delicious rolls. Carl's mom makes the best!

Then it was off to G&G Tolley's. First the kids went on a scavenger hunt to find stuff from G&G. They loved it!
Then it was time for the 3rd and final Easter Egg Hunt of the weekend. Mr. Mason had snuck out earlier to find the best (money filled) eggs. He was letting Lex know that there was 1 filled with $2. Well McKale didn't like this at all and sat down on the grass and cried. I don't blame her, I would have too. There was a small argument between the 3 of them which no one witnessed.

Lex comes huffing and puffing into the house to tell us she was crying. I asked why and he said, "I don't know - I didn't even kick her!" What a little stinker! Well at least he is a crappy liar.

Then he finished it off with "I already have a bag of money at home and I need more!" Cant you tell what awesome parents we are? I wish I had a bag of money at home.

They all finished the hunt with a smile and when it was over Grandma made them split the money evenly.
Oh Yeah and all my neices looked adorable in their easter dresses. (I didnt get a picture of Payette in hers but it was sooo cute on her.)

1 comment:

lishajeanne said...

I think you need a girl...I'm just saying.