Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's already been a year?

Carl and I have moved so many freakin times. I though I would take you on a little journey...

This was our first apartment we moved in the fall of 1999. We lived on the right side for six weeks. I loved it, it was right across from the temple. It was sooo cute and cozy. One day I was taken away by an ambulance and never returned. I tried to die from an asthma attack. The EMT's cut my shirt off and I wasn't wearing any pants. Awesome! Luckily my memory went from "I cant breath I should sit on this chair" to "why am I in the hospital and why do I have a tube down my throat?" But I did miss that shirt - it was one of my favorites.
We lived with Carl's parents for about a month until our other apartment was ready. We lived on the upper level here for about 3 years. We had the nicest old neighbor downstairs. His name was Bob and he would run his garbage disposal for hours. He died shortly after we moved out and sometimes we visit his grave. (ok ok so we have only been there once)

Then we moved into our first house! This is the only place we have ever had a yard with trees and flowers. This is the house where Carl brought me home 2 adorable puppies. This is where I would come home to after a hard day working at the make up counter. (don't laugh it was tough - those rich bitches were well..... bitches.) This is where we brought Lex home to from the hospital. This is where Carl and I grew up and became somewhat adults. The worst part is our good friends built a house just a few blocks down the road. Jessica and I didn't really know each other then. Too bad we could have walked to each others house and been crafty together everyday. I really miss this house and the simple lives we had there.

Then we moved in with our parents for a couple of month until Carl finished this house! We would spend the first part of the week at his parents and then pack up our stuff and stay with my parents for several days. Fun times! This was our first and only house he built for us. I loved this house because I got to pick most of the stuff out. My dad did the brick on it and it was a pain in the ass but he did it because that's what I wanted. Lex had just turned a year old when we moved in.


This is where we live now. Carl built it as a spec and well we all know that went down the drain. When he bought the lot I said I will never live in that neighborhood. Famous last words. We have lived here 1 year now. Until last weekend I had not put up 1 decoration (except for the holiday stuff in the entry). I have very mixed feeling about this house. I love it, I love the neighbors and the ward. It is honestly the nicest ward we have ever lived in. I love the big closets and the flat driveway. I love the little canal in the back yard. But we just don't really fit in. I still feel like we just don't belong here. We just don't deserve to live here.


Last weekend while Carl went to the priesthood session I decided that I needed to make it our home. Even if we don't stay here for long. So I dusted off a few of our decorations that had been boxed up. Then on Sunday there was a wonderful conference talk about making your house like a temple. So its warm and comforting. It's amazing what a few decorations do.


And finally this is where we will probably be living soon.........


Come visit me on the 4th of July!

6 comments:

Janiel said...

LOVED the story! Its so fun to be able to get a "glimps" into other bloggers lives and where they have come from and where they are going.

Jessica said...

Jec,

The picture of your house in my neighborhood looks so cute and summer'y. It is too bad that we didnt know each other better then. Definately a regret. I cant wait to see the new decorations that you hung. We have lived in our house for 5 1/2 years and still arent really decorated. Maybe we should try that. Have a great rest of the week. Hopefully I will see you this weekend.

Your buddy,
Jessica

Amanda Gibson said...

You do too deserve to live there! Don't say such things! And I'm sure you're decorations are super cute - from what I saw of your last house it was decorated....super cute! Glad you opened up comments again, lady.

Oh, yea. And if you move into a van down by the river....can I park my van next to yours? Then we can be neighbors and stuff! I'll bet me and my family can be so much more rednecky in a van than you and yours.....

Bonnie Young said...

I heard the same conference talk and loved it. And since I've been to your house since then and before I read this post, I want you to know that your home is beautiful. very warm and loving, you deserve the best Jec, and even in times of doubt and hardship, never for get that you deserve the best for you and your family. Thanks again for being so awsome with my own family. My mom kept commenting on how nice you were and how impressed she was with you. You truely are the best!!!

Bonnie Young said...

P.S. Can I park my van next to yours? Then we can sit around the campfire singing cum bi ya? Wouldn't that be fun?

Unused Account said...

I needed that Conference talk too. Not to motivate me to decorate, but to CLEAN UP!
LOL!