Thursday, March 12, 2009

Starting something new....

Have you heard of Walk in Weight Loss from Redicare? I heard the commercials and I kinda thought about it. But that's as far as it went. So thanks to my awesome sister in law and her awesome boyfriend I have the opportunity to go. Last Wednesday was the first appointment. I got the lowdown and they measured my fat! It was fabulous. Really I am super excited about it. The program is pretty much common sense. But the best part for me is its doctor directed.

I went in on Friday and they took my blood. A ton of blood. They did a insulin resistance test and some other stuff. If you ever had a insulin resistance test the worst part is sitting in a room for 2.5 hours! You drink some sprite tasting stuff and then they take your blood every 30 minutes.

So I got the results back on Monday. I am severely insulin resistant. Terrific! But seriously how could I not be. I have eaten so much sugar in the last 28 years its ridiculous. Also my cholesterol is 207. I am very thankful that I could do this. I've done other weight loss programs but obviously haven't succeeded. But now having some testing done I don't have a choice. I have to make this work. I really don't want diabetes. That scares me! So the doc put me on some medication to help with that. A side affect is diarrhea - until my body gets used to it. Oh baby I'm so excited for that.

So yesterday was my first day of the diet. They give you a menu based on things you like or don't like. It was a ton of food. Its normal food too. Not my normal sugar sugar sugar but normal.

Anyway I'm super excited I if you've thought about it you should go. Its awesome!

3 comments:

lishajeanne said...

I have thought about it. Will you email me with a few more details...like cost for instance. Oh and my diabetic hubby is on the medicine with the nice side effect...for almost 2 years now and he still has the "side effects". Just warning you.

Amanda Gibson said...

I'm so excited for you, Jec! Well, not the diarhea part; but for the weight loss and healthy living part. I just know you can do it!! Let me know if you ever want to get together and exercise -I'm always game!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.