Monday, March 9, 2009

Let me tell ya

about my day! So Thursday was an awesome day. Started of normal. Doing normal things. Then at 1:00 I had to be at the church to help set up for the RS Birthday Dinner. That is when the fun began.
While we were setting up and there was an extra kid helping us set up. He was adorable, and I thought he was our neighbor but not sure. He seemed to be there by himself. He's about Lex's age so they played. So we are setting up tables, unfolding chairs, setting tables, putting up decor. Then the last step - frost cupcakes. After shooing the kids away so they wouldnt cough on them we got started. The cupcakes were suppose to come with the frosting on the side. They did not. So we tried to push the marshmallow petals into the frosting so they would stick. They did for the most part. See how cute....
First hick up no problem. After comforting Lex because the mystery kid knocked him down for his marshmallow I went back to applying marshmallow petals. Myself and about 5 other women are standing in the kitchen when the mystery boy pulls the fire alarm. Right in front of us! Awesome! We were all too slow to stop him. So they called various people to figure out how to turn it off. Then his mama shows up. He's sad. she's embarrassed. Apparently another presidency was having a meeting and didnt realize any one else was there. So we spent the next 20 minutes listening to the fire alarm and crying scared children. It was very relaxing.

My only assignment for the dinner was to pick up rice. at the collage. in Rexburg. Don't ask why someone ordered rice from Rexburg. I just do what I'm told. My mom has the cousins for the day and I thought it would be fun if we ALL went. That was my 1st mistake.

picture it. Mason & Lex in the back row McKale and Maddie in the middle row and then me and my mom in the front. I'm still not sure who was driving. anyway Between telling the kids not to fight my mom and I discussed how many mandarin oranges and Ice cream bars Mason had consumed. McKale was so hungry since the only thing she ate at lunch was a super hard grilled cheese at school. "Do they have an Applebee's" she asked in her best weak voice. "No but they have burger shots at the king of all burgers we'll swing through."

6 burgers between 4 kids later we have the rice (which comes in a special container that has to be taken back the next day between 8-6 great another trip to Rexburg) we are on the way home. About 1 mile from home in fact. Mason proceeds to spew his oranges, ice cream, and 2 burger shots all over my car. Apparently sitting in the 3rd row playing ninteno ds makes Mason a car sick boy. I pull over as fast as I can. My mom opens the back to get him out and he spew's again. The barf falls short of getting outside and lands all over the back of my car. Terrific. In the mean time I'm watching Lex as he dry heaves. Luckily he controlled it. Just what we needed 2 puking boys.

I did feel sorry for Mason. But this is the 2nd time hes puked in my car. The last time it was my white car so its been a few years. (If I recall right I got out of cleaning up that one too because I was gagging.) Anyway I must be and excellent driver. So we drove the last mile with the windows down and laughed at Maddie who was plugging her nose.

My mom cleaned up the chunks. I tried to help her but it made me gag. There was puke everywhere and i mean everywhere! Gross. Luckily Carl learned exceptional car cleaning skills when he worked at majestic. The bottle of fabreeze didn't hurt either.

Maybe its time to trade in the car.

Are ya still with me? Well the dinner went great and the rice was good. Not sure if it was that good but I am glad that is all I had to do.
Oh and last night Carl tried to start the house on fire while making popcorn. Instead of grabbing anything to put out the fire I grabbed my camera. I had to get my 365 picture for the day.

3 comments:

Janiel said...

Thats the greatest blog story of all time! Too funny...but only cause I wasnt there!

lishajeanne said...

That made my day...Emma has thrown up repeatedly this weekend and I always seem to be feeding the baby when it happens--unintentional, but I am glad I am busy at the time.

Amanda Gibson said...

Nice. Nothin' better than throwing up kids....in the car. Ugh.